Daddy Big Boy Boomer and Mommy

B2BeanBags.com

B2BeanBags.com
Quality Bean Bags!

Biggie and Ladoo

Biggie and Ladoo
Biggie is still a little nervous when he holds him.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Should you limit the number of birthday parties your child goes to?

This weekend I am happy to say that we have no birthday party to attend. I'm not complaining, I'm just happy that if all goes well the kids won't miss their nap. Missing that nap window greatly increases my chances of witnessing a melted down 5 and 2 year old. Okay, that does sound a little like complaining. Don't get me wrong, I like to see my kids having fun with their friends. What about the cost of gifts? Think about it $15-$20.00 15-20 times a year. That is $225-$400.00 in gifts. Freaking myself out a little bit, that's just for one kid. I have two! Boomer has after school program with a whole different set of friends too! The kids give her birthday invites there as well. This was just on my mind. It all comes down to making sure they are social and they have fun. Yesterday Boomer asked me who's birthday party is this weekend and it was only Thursday and I didn't see anyone's birthday on my calender. We do have two gymnastics classes a carnival and possibly a strawberry festival on Sunday. I guess you shouldn't limit the birthdays, as long as you have the time and can afford it. Twenty dollars every other weekend to see your kids have a fun wild time with their friends seems like a deal. Let them get creative and make their own birthday card for their friend, they will surprise you. Have a great weekend friends! FatherHusbandFun on YOU TUBE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get The Kids Engaged!