Daddy Big Boy Boomer and Mommy

B2BeanBags.com

B2BeanBags.com
Quality Bean Bags!

Biggie and Ladoo

Biggie and Ladoo
Biggie is still a little nervous when he holds him.

Friday, October 29, 2010

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR! COOL WEATHER AND COOLER COSTUMES FOR THE KIDS..

Ah yes the hot weather is slowly moving to the back burner here in sunny Tampa. The evening temps will be in the 70's for the kiddos on Sunday. I hope for good weather to all of our friends up north in the Mitten and Northeast. I can only recall rain or freezing cold All Hollows Eve's in my years of dressing up. The cold and rain subsides as soon as that first plastic wrapper hits the bottom of the bag. My heart raced....I always ate my first treat as soon as it made the bag! Except one year, this lady gave 5 pennies. I ate the candy from the second house but it threw off my ritual.
This year Boomer and Biggie will be a Witch and a Pirate. Costumes have come a long way. These things look nice enough to wear throughout the year. What age did you really start banking on candy when you trick or treated? I was about 6 or 7 and had to upgrade to a pillow case instead of those silly little bags! I also found value in hitting subdivisions by age 7 and eventually realized I could fill up the entire pillow case and then some if the homes were closer together. I targeted the Trailer Park on the main drag in my hometown. Homerun! I went through it twice if I ran fast enough. I was a chubby kid(not a distance runner)but the running was worth it!
I think this is the year to show the kids how it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get The Kids Engaged!